1. Your feet have calluses and your calluses have blisters.
2. You wear compression socks under your jeans for Saturday night parties.
3. You run while on vacation.
4. You know what arnica is and how to use it.
5. You sign up for a race as a training run. [Spring Blast Half Marathon, here I come!]
6. It’s not “food,” it’s a “recovery” snack.
7. You have calculated and memorized the number of calories you burn per mile at your current weight.
8. You can name at least four different brands of commercial sports drinks, plus you have a recipe for making your own.
9. You wake up earlier for your long run on the weekend than you do for your normal day during the week.
10. You go to the gym and see the same woman there you’ve seen the last five times you went. You think, “Wow, that lady is always at the gym! I wonder if she has some kind of exercise disorder.” Then you realize she is probably wondering the same thing about you!
Missed the first 12? See You Know You’re a Serious Runner When.