Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it. I started my morning off the way I like to start most mornings — with a workout! Thursday is “ride 25 miles + strength train” and I usually hit the gym to ride on the spin bike. Of course, today the gym was closed and that meant I needed to put on my big girl panties (some people call them bike shorts) and get back on Bullet, my silver road bike. I haven’t been out on the roads in a long time, and I literally had to learn how to ride a bike again. Just the shifting part. I couldn’t remember which side shifted up with the big handle and which side shifted down. It’s crazy because I actually love riding my bike and if I had all the free time in the world I would probably choose riding over running for my main workouts. But I don’t like to ride on the roads much (because I do not like for cars to squish me, go figure), and that means driving to a trail. Today I decided to risk it, figuring traffic would be light on Thanksgiving morning, and the drivers out there wouldn’t be drunk (yet). Which is a long way of saying that I got in a lovely 20-mile, hilly ride in the 90-degree heat. Yes you read that right, it’s 90 degrees here in LA/Orange County.
I’ve spent the rest of the day cleaning to get ready for my middle daughter’s 10th birthday party tomorrow. Mike is a very good cook so he’s on turkey duty.
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
1. Ange (NOT Angie, a fine name but not for me)
2. Mama (usually not Mom or Mommy)
3. Princess Efficiency. (I’m not kidding, this was my nickname at the law firm eons ago).
4. Boston Qualifier! (Okay fine, no one calls me that except me.)
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Temp (this was my favorite — I never got bored and I had just the right amount of responsibility, never taking my work home with me).
2. Newspaper section editor (in college).
3. Camp counselor. (Okay, I take it back. This was my favorite!)
4. Tax and estate planning attorney (I hated this. Lasted three years).
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. The Princess Bride.
2. When Harry Met Sally.
4. Top Gun.
Four books I’d recommend:
1. Pride and Prejudice (classic).
2. The Secret Garden (my favorite children’s novel).
3. Eleanor and Park (young adult).
4. A Life Without Limits (sport).
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Minneapolis, MN.
2. Ann Arbor, MI.
3. Boston, MA.
4. Palo Alto, CA.
There were more sets of 4 but that’s all I have time for because dinner is served! Now you play along in the comments or leave a link to your blog! I’d love to read your answers.